Giving Back Program:
Boston REIA and its members have organized a “Giving Back” Program, that aims to conduct several charitable projects a year that provide a community service or benefit a charitable cause. From time-to-time throughout the year, the Giving Back Program will focus on a charitable project to assist. When a call to community service comes, Boston Real Estate Investors wants to be there.
Prior years included:
- Toys for Tots
- Breast Cancer Awareness
For more information, or to find out how you can help Boston REIA make Giving Back projects successes, please contact us.
REBUILDING TOGETHER Program
Rebuilding Together repairs homes and revitalizes communities. By mobilizing a volunteer workforce, Rebuilding Together ensures that low-income homeowners, especially those who are elderly, disabled and families with children, live in greater independence in warmer, safer and drier homes.
Rebuilding Together is a response to the growing needs of low-income homeowners in the Boston. We are part of a national network of 255 Rebuilding Together affiliates. As the nation’s largest volunteer organization dedicated to preserving and revitalizing low-income houses and communities, Rebuilding Together is proud of its role in preserving America’s housing stock and providing vital assistance to the people who have no place else to turn.
Our primary activity each year is Rebuilding Day which occurs the last Saturday of every April. On that day, we mobilize over 800 volunteers to repair approximately 50 homes in two neighborhoods. In addition to the home renovations, we also undertake one or more community projects in each location. Our neighborhood focus allows us to not only impact individual homeowners, but also provide a significant, noticeable improvement to the community at large.
- Be part of a large-scale, highly visible community volunteering event.
- Have an immediate positive impact on the life of a low-income homeowner—you will see the results of your hard work!
- Team-building for volunteer teams.
- Learn valuable project management and leadership skills.
- Increased visibility for your organization through Rebuilding Day signage, media coverage, and our annual newsletter.
- Strengthen our community by preserving Boston’s aging housing stock and increasing the livability of our neighborhoods.
- Participate in a national movement—Rebuilding Together has over 255 affiliates serving low-income homeowners across the country!
Financial Literacy and House Counseling Initiative
The Financial Literacy Organization of the Boston REIA operates on the basis that economic and social self-sufficiency achieved through home-ownership strengthens families, neighborhoods, and cities by giving residents a stake in the welfare of their communities.By providing technical assistance and training, identifying and disseminating information on effective home-ownership models, and conducting research to strengthen the policy environment for home-ownership, this division enhances the programmatic and policy capabilities to contribute to the 2025 empowerment goal of ensuring all Americans have access to safe, decent, affordable, and energy efficient housing on fair terms.