North American Sees Typical Moving Patterns, Volume in Atypical Year
We have recently seen two other big mover report their annual moving patterns and now we’re going to take a look at North American’s. Interestingly, they say that despite being an atypical year, Americans are following similar moving trends as prior years. One thing that sets this report apart from others is the ability view & compare historic data thanks to their interactive chart. Also, be sure to check out their first takeaway, which corroborates what we have been seeing for some time.
Their key takeaways:
- People are fleeing California for Texas and Idaho.
- Illinois, New York, and New Jersey are the three states with the most outbound moves.
- The top five inbound states in 2020 are Idaho, Arizona, Tennessee, South Carolina, and North Carolina, with Tennessee overtaking South Carolina from the 2019 results.
- Florida, Texas, and Colorado round out the top eight states for inbound moves.
- Despite pandemic, people continued to move at rates comparable to 2019
“Despite the 2020 pandemic, this year Americans are following similar moving trends as prior years. Millions of Americans are moving either to start a new job or to move home. Whether you’re looking to move or not, it can help to know where Americans are moving.”
The post North American Sees Typical Moving Patterns, Volume in Atypical Year appeared first on Real Estate Investing Today.