Many people are getting our group confused with another group known as Boston A REIA or BostonAReia run by Bernadette Trafton.
BE WARNED – Do not join this group. The Boston AREIA was thrown out of the National Real Estate Investors Association for many different reasons. The biggest one that you should be concerned about is ETHICS!!
However, “Boston AREIA” makes the following statement to justify their existence in Boston
We are NOT a part of National REIA, so some would say we are not ”official”, even though we’ve been around much longer than other area groups have been. But, we are NOT apart of National REIA by choice. They promote a bevy a selling speakers and gurus who’s real focus is to sell you their expensive real estate investing courses and a variety of other courses. Don’t get me wrong, we believe in education and yes, you have to pay for education. But, those courses don’t work for most people. Most people need hands on training to learn and given a real opportunity to earn their money back within the guideline of the training program. That’s why we refer the Joint Venture program I mentioned above. We used to be a part of National REIA. It did NOT work for our members, which is why we opted out. If that means we are not ”official” in some eyes that’s ok because we are watching a much higher percentage of investors doing deals and becoming successful than we ever did when we were ”official”.
You can also refer to a quick checklist of why Boston Real Estate Investors Association is different HERE
I would like to take the time to dispute some of their facts they printed on their website.
- First, we’ve been around since 2007 and we still have members who joined the group when it started. Boston AREIA has been around longer than any other group in the Boston area.
YES BUT they were once part of National REIA ( the largest Trade Association for Real Estate Investors in the USA) and were THROWN out
- Our focus is to help investors become successful by educating them, networking them with local seasoned investors and motivating them to take action.
Partially Correct – They make money by offering expensive coaching and loan sharking money
- We have local seasoned investors come and speak about investing techniques in our market.
Partially Correct – Boston REIA has far more local seasoned investors than ARIEA. ARIEA focuses on new investors and not more experienced investors
- We offer a monthly market update. –
Partially Correct – Their market updates do not tell the entire story. AREIA reports are made to look promising in areas where they have deals that they are trying to sell to new investors
- We only refer one mentorship Joint Venture Fast Track program and the only reason we do that is because the group we refer is local and they bring you your first rehab deal, so, even though you pay for the education, at the end of the project you make money. No other program offers that.
Incorrect – Their big claim is that they have no selling speakers, yet as in the above point, you will, in fact, pay for your education. They will take 50% of your profits which is far more than a course, or a workshop. Be realistic, all groups have to make money to provide services. Education does cost. You can’t expect to get a Harvard education for free. The reason they don’t have National speakers is that they have failed to PAY them and have a terrible reputation with National Speakers. Don’t be fooled by Bernadette saying those courses don’t work. They do if you do!
- We offer discounts through the Community Buying group
CBG is a known scam. They do not provide cash back checks to members; NOR do the discounts come close to what the National REIA Trade Association can provide